Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



We recently bought a house built in 1930- it has squared log walls but has vinyl siding on the outside- the gaps between logs are 1/8 inch to an inch wide and are filled with some sort of bark- the filling falls out and is quite drafty. What should we use for insulation and chinking, especially because we don't have access from the outside and the gaps are very different sizes? thanks!


You should pull all of the old filling or bark out of the interior chink lines. You then need to install closed cell foam and then apply Perma Chink on top of it. Call Timeless Wood Care Products at 800-564-2987 for all of the materials you will need and helpful instruction installing it.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)